The information we collect on the Service:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (PII), or "personal information," which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personally identifiable information include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personally identifiable information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any of that information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. For example, you provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Service, place an order or make an inquiry by phone, post reviews or other materials, place an order on the Service, interact with us or other users of the Service through any messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests.
- "Cookies" Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies—small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters—to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to use the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
This tracking data helps us understand how to make our Websites more accessible and user-friendly to our customers.
We also gather customer information by taking note of the purchases you make. Think of it as a concierge service where customer preferences are remembered for future consideration. By looking at your purchases in context with marketing demographics or with information from companies whose products and services you may be interested in, it helps our buyers and merchandisers continue to seek out products and designs you may find relevant and unique.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Service. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons that may allow third parties to collect information about you through those third parties' browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Boxed Retail does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Third Party Service Providers; Analytics. We may work with different companies and third party service providers who offer services that can assist us in better understanding how users of our Service interact with and use our Service or otherwise assist us in providing the Service ("Third Party Service Providers"). We may permit such Third Party Service Providers to use certain technologies, including without limitation web beacons and cookies, to collect certain personal information or non-personally identifiable information in connection with the provision of such services to us. For example, we currently use and may continue to use a product called Google Analytics by permitting Google Inc. to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand your usage of our Service. We may permit Google and other third party analytics providers to combine information collected through our Service with information collected from third party services, and these analytics providers may use this information to help us better understand our users, and these analytics providers may also use this information to help their other customers better understand their users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and Other Service Providers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we may use the information we collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service: (a) to contact you directly or through Third Party Service Providers for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address privacy violations or defamation issues related to, or otherwise inquire about the status of, your reviews or other materials posted on or submitted through the Service; or (b) to send communications, including targeted marketing information, special product offers, or other information that we believe might interest you relating to products and services offered by us. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under "Your Choices."
- We may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information we collect on the Service to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate Service usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
When we disclose information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as in a product review, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with Third Party Service Providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, collect, or process your information as they provide those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, accumulated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, or Third Party Service Providers may otherwise collect and use such information, for various purposes, including without limitation (a) to compliance with various reporting obligations; (b) for business or marketing purposes; (c) to assist those third parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service; (d) for statistical and other analytical uses; (e) for product and service research, development, provisioning, maintenance, and improvement; or (f) for online advertising
- We may make information, including personal information, available to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes. Please see the section titled "Your California Privacy Rights" for more information.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that our disclosure is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect ourselves or others from deceitful, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets
- We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by writing to us at the address given at the end of this Policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to fourteen business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
We may make information, including personal information, available to third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes. You may instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com. If you instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes, please be aware that this does not prohibit disclosures of personal information for non-direct marketing purposes.
We adhere to a strict privacy code regarding children and do not knowingly accept personal information from any child under the age of 13. If it is brought to our attention that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under 13, we will immediately remove all personal and identifiable information from our records in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. In addition, we will not disclose this information to any other companies. California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publically posted on the Website by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Website is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impermeable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service.
Please be aware that your personal information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province or country. If you are located outside the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Websites or our services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer and disclosure of your personal information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations under this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after those material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5600 W Jefferson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016